Note for English Readers

If I write the articles in Indonesian, I will write a summary in English so that you can read my articles too. After you read the summary and you feel that you need more information about that, please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail that can be found in my profile.

Thank you for reading my blogs.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My New-look Slackware

It was more than 3 years I have been waiting for 64-bit official port of Slackware (since I bought laptop with AMD Turion64 processor). Finally, in the end of August 2009, the good news has been coming when Pat and Eric announced release version of Slackware64 13.0. After I heard that news, I installed Slackware64 13.0 as soon as possible. I didn't any difficulty because I have used Slamd64, an 64-bit unofficial port of Slackware, created and maintained by Fred Emmott for 3 years; although Eric built Slackware64 by his own work, it has similarity to Slamd64 because Eric has learnt Fred's work in Slamd64. CMIIW.

The new-look slackware on my laptop can be seen at the picture below.



Thank's to Eric for realizing the 64-bit official port of Slackware. It is so nice. Great job.
Also, I would like to thank abundantly to Fred Emmott that has been created and maintained Slamd64 very well so that I still could use my favorite Linux distro, Slackware.

No comments: